I have in my right hand, direct from the home office in hot, humid and hazy Corn Borer, Indiana, today’s category: Ten clues a man should wear a shirt in summer.
10. Take a tape measure. Drop it on the floor. If you can’t pick it up without bending your knees, put on a shirt.
9. If you have a tattoo containing any of the Federal Communication Commission’s seven dirty words, put on a shirt.
8. If you don’t want to appear as a suspect on TV’s “COPS,” put on a shirt.
7. If you have more chest hair than your neighbor’s poodle, put on a shirt.
6. If you’re over 40, put on a shirt.
5. If you’ve had open-heart surgery, put on a shirt.
4. If your mother, wife or daughter (and especially all three together) can’t reach around you for a hug, put on a shirt.
3. If you don’t want to die of melanoma, put on a shirt.
2. If your measurements exceed 36A, put on a shirt.
1. If your family or neighbors sent you the link to this post, put on a shirt.
© Copyright 2000 James N. Watkins
For more hope and humor, visit jameswatkins.com